Monday, September 7, 2009

REMINISCING
















ME: Well, Grammy, this is it. Then end of another summer. Where does all the time go?

GRAMMY: Oh, I’d say it gets eaten up by walks in the park. Being left in the rain.

ME: I said I was sorry, Grammy. And I did come back for you.

GRAMMY: Seven minutes and twenty-eight seconds, Barbara. You left a hundred year old woman standing in the pouring rain for seven minutes and twenty-eight seconds.

ME: I was having a bad day, Grammy. I told you. My furnace died, they cut my hours at work, and the closer we get to school, the worse off Julius seems to be. When you started complaining, I guess I just lost it. It won’t happen again. I promise. Now say you’ll forgive me.

GRAMMY: .......

ME: Grammy?

GRAMMY: Oh, I’ll think about. But in the meantime, I wouldn’t sleep so soundly if I were you.

Stumble Upon Toolbar